Key features of membership are:
This site grows because teachers contribute. Every activity has been well tested in classrooms. Check our Activities List (PDF file) for details. Members are encouraged to share their experiences and add to this pool of practical knowledge.
- A large library of activities.
- A network for exchanging new ideas, or extending current ideas.
- A professional development context for the continuing enhancement of children's number sense beyond what is normally expected for their age.
- In particular, a developing understanding of, and commitment to, the teaching craft of Threading as a way of providing time for children to construct their own learning.
- Working Mathematically with Infants... threaded activities and investigations combined in 10 weeks of planned number work for each semester from K - 2. Kit contains 20 Poly Plug, CD of activities extracted from this web site and a manual, including Planners, written with the attitude that all children can learn to work like a mathematician in best practice classrooms.
- Purchase of any number of Poly Plug at the cheapest available price.
In addition, Members have exclusive access to additional information from the Calculator Aware Number (C.A.N.) project which is the longest running documented project linking the use of calculators and manipulatives.
|| ... Membership Fee
$300 outside Australia
- Permanent membership for one campus regardless of student numbers.
- Credit Card (Visa & Mastercard only) can be accepted for clients outside Australia.
- Time payment may be possible for very small schools (50 or fewer children).
- Fax, or scan and email, a school purchase order to:
Black Douglas Professional Education Services
8 Greenbank Drive
Tel: +61 3 9726 8316
Fax: +61 3 9727 4644
ABN: 34 620 211 772
- Include at least one staff email address, preferably two, on the order for delivery of password and updates through our bi-monthly news.